Friday, February 12, 2010

VROC - Lunch at Woolgrowers for John from BC

Pics are from top to bottom, click on a pic for a larger pic, text for a pic is under the pic.

Don VSP's blog:

http://2010norcal.blogspot.com/2010/02/feb-12-lunch-with-canadian-visitor.html

Well we have a visitor from the great (used to be, snowy north.. GBG) and Don VSP called a ride in honor, actually 2... Today was the visit to Wool Growers Rest and over to Hollister and San Juan
Bautista.

It was a great ride, I missed all the rain in our area, rode between all the clouds, well kinka, got some HEAVY fog, but pretty good, feeling smug, God got me on the way home thru Morgan Hill, not bad, just enough to re-mess up the scoot.....

Don TD / RC and John will do a GREAT ride on Monday, can't make it, have a PGR mission and its a honor ride, hafta do it...




Don VSP, FINALLY arrives... GBG I beat him by about 5 min... John Sharlton pulled in about 5 min later....


As we walk into the Wool Growers, Don VSP pointed out the sigh above the bar interence...


Ok, I didn't take food pics but I got the ice cream and chocolate topping!!!

In looking at Don VSP s blog, noticed that John's VROC number it just 30 more than mine! Welcome, young 'un!! GBSEG


So we waddle out, John was impressed with the amount of food! He has a NICE looking scoot! The paint job is gorgeous!


We're trying to get off and riding....


On John's tank.. it was all quite nice!


I love the pipes!


Well , no pics over the road to Hollister, but it was nice to see San Luis at a much higher level, that reservoir was really down!

We stop in Hollister for a gas stop and Don VSP showing John where they would gas stop on Monday and the McD's where we normally stage...

And on to San Juan Bautista...


Just shooting some of the old buildings.. Nice looking place, I was down here... in '69??? How the time flies...


San Juan Bautista, and the Mission! (and rest room... GBG) This is the horse stable.


John and Don chatting...


...in front of the old hotel, John said, they ought to restore these buildings, it would be a gold mine! But the problem is...


They don't get no support...


Inside the mission, took a few pics....


Great artifacts to look at!


Shootin' the shooter... He was on a John shot...


...the target! GBG


Nice figureine! Lots of nice stuff there...

Well as we were leaving... Don VSP was saying... Cranky, if you just turn right, you will find a nice country road to 101..

I pressed on, Don, how many miles do I have to go to know I'm lost , he said about 10... So I said, I just go out this road... no branches, nothing, straight out ... well, he kinda himmed and hawwed a bit... walked over and looked again,, And he said I think this is the road... and you might have a right and maybe a left, but it will take you to 101...

John was laughing his ass off by then... waiting to see the results on my blog... Well, I told Don, Where in the $%*)#$%)#$* is 156???!!! I ain't goin' there!!! GBG

So we rode off and Don and John stopped at a country store for a cold
drink and rest, and I scooted off... Give them few shots of my Stebel 139 db and on down the road the WAY I KNEW I'D GET HOME!!! GBG

Thanks for the thought Don..... but after your third I think, you lost me!!! GBG Thanks for doing this! I'm still full!!!

LATE EDIT: I confirmed how good the meal was, next morning, I had gained 2 lbs!!!! GBG

No comments: